Dear #OMGKRK Community,
Welcome in 2019! We’re sure you are all planning another year for growth, innovation and new projects. At the Foundation Supporting #OMGKRK things are no different.
Before going into some of the things you can expect this year, we want to highlight some of our accomplishments from 2018:
– The launch of the Krakow Innovation Ecosystem Database which attempts to present data organizations related to entrepreneurship and technology in our city.
– The continuation of #OMGKRK Academy with 4 sessions featuring tech entrepreneurs and innovation leaders who shared their knowledge.
– The 2nd edition of Wawel Dragons Cave Pitch that showcased 6 early stage startups from our region.
– The launch of a Membership Model where organizations can formally support our mission building a world-class innovation ecosystem in Krakow and enjoy member benefits that can help organizations grow.
We don’t anticipate any major pivots in 2019 but instead continue to iterate, improve and further develop our current services and products. Here are some new ventures #OMGKRK will be working over the coming months.
– The creation of a Dragons Cave Pre-Acceleration Program that will conclude with Wawel Dragons Cave Pitch. Our goal is to have at least one startup secure investment after this process. Applications will be open in spring.
– The expansion of our recruitment service for Members including a Job Board on our website that will connect talent with opportunities.
– Improved content on our Blog like our recent post on the Crypto and Blockchain Scene In Krakow. #OMGKRK wants to scale our online impact and we encourage you to visit our website and follow our Youtube, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
– A Member focused strategy where #OMGKRK will be better able to leverage the assets of the organizations in our city the more effectively help the entire ecosystem along with individual companies grow.
– The Foundation Supporting #OMGKRK continues to be led by Head of Operations Pawel Kulon and Marketing Manager Zuzanna Stadnik. This year we intend on doubling the #OMGKRK team and develop the next generation of #OMGKRK leadership.
Finally, if you are a regular reader of “The Pitch” (about 500 people a week) you have seen the content and design of this newsletter improve over the last year. This year #OMGKRK will be announcing all our major news in The Pitch FIRST plus adding special perks here not found elsewhere. So keep on reading! And if you have some feedback or idea for #OMGKRK, you can reply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great week and let it snow!
Senior Java Developer
Description: Develop new functionalities of an application dedicated to airlines to determine the price of air tickets. The goal of the application is to maximize the revenue from the sale of airline tickets on a particular flight route. The application works on the basis of Cloud and complex mathematical models (Machine Learning).
ITSELECTA is a recruitment and consulting agency specialized in multilingual recruitment for SSC, BPO, and medium-sized businesses. At ITSELECTA, we support businesses with their foreign recruitment and outsourcing processes.
The Best Polish Startups of 2019
Our Stakeholder Member Richard Lucas prepared a list of The Best Polish Startups of 2019. In the article, you’ll not only find out which are the best, sorted by category but also the criteria of a great startup.
Feel free to use our database info
In the database, you’ll find Kraków Startups, Software Houses, Coworking spaces, Event Cycles, Recruiters, Education, Organisations and Institutions.
We are currently working on new databases, stay tuned.
Crypto, Bitcoin & Blockchain in Krk
While the bear market brutally weeds out speculators and bad actors from the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry, the surviving, healthy crypto companies are preparing for a sunny day.
Guest article by Haukland Ola.
Thu, January, 10th
Every other Thursday morning (for years) a diverse group of people from across industries and sectors at different places in their careers gathers around a large table to say: 1. Who they are. 2. What they are doing. 3. What they need. 4. How they can help.
BITEhack – Hackathon Klasyczny & Robotyczny
Sat, January, 12th
Choose one of the competition and come to our hackathon! Programming competition addressed to software enthusiasts and application development and robotic – for playing with cables and Arduino. 24 hours of programming await you. Fun, ideas and food.
Kraków Enterprise Mondays #22
Mon, January, 14th
Kraków Enterprise Mondays are free pro-enterprise meetups where students in Kraków meet entrepreneurs and alumni who have gone into business in a friendly informal setting.
StartUP Małopolska Meetup 3
Tue, January, 15th
If you want to learn how to develop a business based on innovation, you want to get to know startups operating on the Małopolska market and learn about the possibilities of tweaking your company’s marketing, you can not miss it!
It Akademia j-labs #50 | Kubernetes bez tajemnic
Tue, January, 15th
During this lecture you will learn what Kubernetes consists of, how it is with this network, what the HA cluster looks like in the cloud, what about security and why all this. If you do not know Kubernetes, it will be a great opportunity for you to get acquainted with this popular tool, so eagerly supported by a good uncle of Google.
Volunteer Appreciation Event/TEDxKazimierzAdventure
Thu, January, 24th
We are proud to announce our TEDxKazimierzAdventure – an event dedicated to celebrating and appreciating Polish and foreign volunteers in town, giving them opportunities to meet each other, integrate, feel welcomed, play icebreaker games, promote their organizations, enjoy music, see wonderful attractions, see some videos, and learn about TED, TEDx, and TEDxKazimierz